Thursday, May 26, 2011

Yoga class

What was the yoga class like with Dean this morning?

Matt Shillcock:
I loved stretching and doing physical things, it was quite challening - there were a lot of things I had trouble doing and so just had to experiment and find the way it works best for me is good - I really like that challenge. I also like doing yoga first thing in the morning without having breakfast almost first thing out of bed. It put me in a good place and made me feel relaxed. I'm really keen to see what the day brings. Doing a really intense yoga session like that made me appreciate that I'm on an real creative and artistic experience. This whole residency thign is not really average, that not many people get to do this and so I appreciate that this is very different from the norm.

Jianna Georgiou:
It's really good - I was thinking we could do that again. The incense and music was really nice. I've been doing yoga for a long time and I've worked hard on listening to Dean. He's going to be an amazing director. I liked doing the shoulder stands, that was my favourite but I liked everything else. It wasn't really hard - it was easy. I've done it before.

Dana Nance:
It was good - it wasn't too hard. I don't have a favourite but I liked all the stuff that Dean did this morning. I learnt how to bend my right leg near my bottom and put my right arm near my right knee and then put it around me and then I put my left hand around and joined them together with my head down. It was good exercise. I did downward dog, and I do a version where I put my left knee on the floor and my right leg out straight and put my arms on the ground. The new one was when I lied down and bent my knees and put my shoulders on the floor and put my hips facing that way to the door. That's what Dean wanted.

Andrew Pandos:
It was fantastic. It was really good. I've fallen in love with yoga and I felt it was something really hard because of my knees. It's interesting hearing the different kind of music - its got Indian music in it and Japan. I feel good inside me and it's really hard to find out how to learn yoga. It was different than yesterday. I loved doing the Om sound. I'd like to learn to do that again with my voice.

3 comments:

  1. I love yoga too. I showered before yoga this morning. Then I raised my arms up to my head to fix my hair. Then I bent down to put on my jeans and then stood straight up to do up my belt. I then stretched out my arms and put on my shirt. Then it was the shoe & sock pose. This involves sitting down and bending over to put on my shoes and socks. After yoga, I felt great and looked amazing. George x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great to hear you all enjoyed Yoga, makes me want to get back to it------soon!!!!


    Pat

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are so funny...that is not true. love you all Jianna xx

    ReplyDelete