Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Nature versus nurture

A task was set to find 6 things that respond to the theme nature v's nurture. What did you do?

Matt Shillcock:
I had a discussion with Andrew yesterday afternoon and we brain-stormed some words that related to both nature and nurture - like thesaurus definitions and then each one of those words became a topic. If it was nature we had the environment and the weather and we discussed what each meant for us. That took us awhile coz we had a lot to talk about.

Jianna Georgiou:
I took photos of different species and gardens, different colours and lots of different parts of gardens. We went for a walk down to the bushes and fences and we took photos of different places and saw kangaroos and a wombat. It was raining - we were wet and cold and we had to run. There was all kinds of shapes and patterns like autumn - its a bit like windy and it blows the leaves on the ground and makes it easy to see what's around you and what's behind you. I took a photo of a tree as well. We walked in a different direction and saw different kinds of trees, colours on the ground and a stone. There was an old gate and I got my photo taken there resting on it. There were flowers on the ground. The lake was nice too.
Philip made me laugh so much - he was pulling faces. Actually it was his normal face. He made me go down a wombat hole, it was dirty and he made me laugh down there because he was talking to the wombats in a funny voice..."C'mon little wombats, come out to play," he said. That made me laugh and we ran down a hill really fast and scared the kangaroos away. We laughed really hard. He flicks his eyebrows and that makes me laugh. It was really fun - next time I'd like to do a different one for presentation.

Dana Nance:
I did birds, rain, kangaroos, flowers, dead tree bark, nature looking after each other, wombats, my friend Naomi having her baby. Jess filmed me and I talked about all these things. I talked about how they have babies and lay eggs and then I talked about how turkeys look after us by getting killed and we eat the turkey, lambs look after us as well, and pigs get killed by looking after us and we eat their pork.
Jess and I talked about the rain and how God made the rain to fall from the sky and the rain helps the farmers to grow vegetables and so we have rivers and so we don't have droughts.
I talked about kangaroos and they give birth to babies that live in their pouch and when the baby kangaroo grows up, they get independent and it hops around and eats food. Birds live in the nest and when they get older the mother bird feeds them and they leave the nest. God made the birds to fly high in the sky. I drew pictures of this.

Jess White:
I worked with Dana and used my phone and videoed her on her request about a theme that she wanted to talk about. We went for a walk through the forest and as we were walking I filmed Dana talking about different subjects. We also explored the paddock in front of Arthur Boyd's house and took some photographs along the way. A big storm blew in and the light was amazing and then it started to thunder and rain and we got caught in the rain but it was lots of fun. We had a quick peek in the studios at Arthur Boyds and then returned home to warmth and dry clothes.

Andrew Pandos:
Matt's got a book that we're sharing. Winter is changed. Nature is outside - I can see a tree. I think about the earth where we live. Get back to me sooner or later, coz Matt and I worked together, so I need some help. We need to get out there in the nature. I'm thinking about lots of things in my head right now. I need to get my camera.

1 comment:

  1. Hi everyone, sounds like you are in a beautiful setting and experiencing new things. Loving the blog, please keep it going.
    Hey Jianna and everyone, I think you guys are having too good a time. does that mean you might not want to come home? You better!
    Love to everyone and hugs and kisses for Jianni poos ox.
    You guys ROCK !
    Pat & George

    ReplyDelete