Friday, May 27, 2011

Slow walk

Dean led the group through a slow walking exercise. Each dancer then responded physically to their experience and wrote about it.

Below is Dana's experience.

The first one was 30 minutes but we did it for 17 minutes and the second one was backwards. That was 8 minutes but it was close - it was 7 min 45 sec. and then we went forward and we did it 3 minutes. We waited for 1 minute and we went backwards for 1 minute. We did the forwards in 2:55 min and went back in 1:20 min - we would've got there.

I felt two people close to me. I felt the soft cold dirt under my feet, the soft grass. I heard the whip bird, the sparrows. I saw the trees, the brown bird. I heard the Corella's. I saw the swallows. I saw the fence and I saw the yellow flowers. I saw the clouds and the blue sky. I heard Andrew coughing. I heard Philip breathing. I saw Matt dancing, Jianna dancing, Philip dancing. I danced, Jess and Andrew danced at the same time as well, then looking out to the trees. The brown bird was sitting on the fence.

My dance
I did stuff on the floor. I put my arms up and down. I used my legs. I put my legs in the air. I put my arms across my chest. I blocked my ears. I rubbed my head on the grass. I put my head up to the sky.

No comments:

Post a Comment