Friday, June 3, 2011

Wombat Whisperer

One of the main attractions after sunset at Bundanon is 'wombat spotting' with a torch and is becoming quite a popular past time for some.

Every night I've been searching for wombats and I've been finding some usually every night. They poo everywhere on top of things like rocks and the deck. There's Wally, who I saw one night with Matt. I saw Terry the wombat who was the one near the bar-b-q. He's a big brown wombat and he growls and runs to another wombat and growls. He's friendly to me. He sometimes comes up and sniffs my feet.

Miranda has a Gerald under her bed under the house. I like all the wombats.

Tonight I saw three wombats. One came close and sniffed me so I patted it. It sniffed my purse. His name is Wally. I felt surprised because it was something different for the wombat. It makes me feel like I want to laugh and when I do it's really funny. I keep giggling. I talk to the wombat - I said, "Hi" and then I said, "ok". I had fun with it, watching them eating the grass and wandering around. I wasn't playing with it much. I was going close and away from it sometimes.

I shine a torch on him but I don't shine it in his eyes coz he doesn't like it. He's brown and furry. When I touched it his fur was rough and a bit soft as well. I felt comfortable when I was squatting to pat him. He has short legs, but he hasnt got fur that is too short or too long.

Every night I go wombat watching on my own and sometimes someone comes out with me.
Dana Nance aka The Wombat Whisperer

No comments:

Post a Comment