Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Jianna's journal stories.

Dancer Jianna Georgiou reflects on her daily activities and tasks. She writes notes in her journal after each session and at the end of each day. Below are some of her entries and creative writing tasks set by Dean.

Friday 3rd June
Walking Line
The grass is wet and moist. It makes me itchy. The sun burns me like fire. I hear birds chirping in the trees and it blows me away. I fell like an animal in the farm. It makes me drown in the river. I smelt the river smooth and quiet.

Tree Call
The tree is part of nature - it stays there for a long time. It comes from 1981. The tree has very long legs and arms and spine like a strong trunk. It catches leaves off the grass. The wind blows the leaves off the branch. The tree was dancing in the dark. There's a light around all the trees.

Questions that Dean asked about the tree:
Q: How old is this tree?
A: It came from a very long time.

Q: What year or century did this tree arrive here?
A: A long time ago - ages ago.

Q: If this tree was a person, what sort of person would it be? (what is this tree's personality?)
A: It's not a person. it's a womping willow. It has a long spine, has a hole, and it has a light inside.

Q: What are all the textures?
A: Its very colourful and bright. It shines like a sun. Its like a light bulb.

Q: If I was related to this tree, who would the tree be? (uncle or auntie, grandmother or grandfather, brother or sister?)
A: The tree is related to other trees. It calls. It has a family and friends.

Waterfall
The water felt like ice. It was like leather. My feet feels the sand - the sand feels nice and light. The water feels like a waterfall. My feet feels really hot. The water feels my feet really hot and cold.

Blindfold Game
I felt the grass moving and it tickles me. The wind blows me into the grass. I thought I stepped on poos. It smelt weird and gross. My feet feels the grass peaceful and sound. The trees swaying. I hear voices of clapping. Miranda and Philip are doing duets on the grass. She placed the grass etc...the wind blows the grass on me. Philip, Dana, Matt and Miranda, doing monkey business - they are flocking birds. They are marching like a watchman - it looks like they're pooing. (Jianna is laughing hysterically about this)

We did other tasks then we had lunch outside for a picnic which was really nice. Then we all walked back, then we had dinner and got to bed.

Q: If I was a superhero, who might I be?
A: I would be a thorn lady. There is a slim dress/it's a red dress in the background, there's a green thorn. Karate and the thorn spits.

Running up the hill
The grass was wet. It felt funny, smelt funny. The sense was clear. The sun felt really hot - it makes me shakey. It smelt like different poos. (Jianna cracks herself up again) The sky felt cold and icey. The grass tastes funny. I vomit. It looks like poos makes me vomit. My feet felt the grass wet, the rain was hot - it really burns me. First I looked around and then I stayed. I got wet by the rain. I was an ape and the ape died by eating the animals.

Stories about how I adapted:
When I have Down syndrome I have friends. I have a disability different to normal. Its because its not the same - it's just I want to be normal, to be different and in a good way so I can be polite to people.

Saturday 4th June

I felt my feet floating in the sand. The water looks like sunset. I felt like being an angel on the sand. The sand feels like sunset.

Sunday 5th June
We all slept in and had breaky and I stayed and the other people went to see the whales splashing. Then we had a sandwich for lunch and I spent all day on my laptop. Then we relaxed then the others came back for dinner, then we all went to bed.

Monday 6th June
We all woke up, had breakfast then we went for a walk and we did blindfold dance/animal dance, then came back for lunch and worked with Dean. Then we had a break then we all had dinner plus dessert, then we went to bed.

Tuesday 7th June
We all woke up and did some warm up then we had breakfast, then we worked with Dean. After we had lunch and had an interview with Regina from Bundanon, then we worked in the studio. Then we had a rest in the house. Then we had dinner which was a really nice curry, it was a little bit hot but I liked it. Then we all went to bed after that.

No comments:

Post a Comment